It is with great saddness that I write that my Grandma Lillian passed away today. She fought a good fight after she had the stroke two weeks ago, but GOD had a better plan. I am confident he will take great care of her and most importantly rejoin her with my Grandpa Luther. Grandma led a great life even though things didn't always come easy for her. She ALWAYS kept a smile and had us laughing all the time. And although these last couple weeks were hard on us all, I thank GOD that he let us say goodbye to her. Her Celebration of Life is on Tuesday, pray that we will have the strength to share stories with others and to reflect on all the special times that we shared with her (and that I will be able to read a letter I wrote for her). Here is a poem I found that I would like to share:
God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered,"Come to Me".
With tearful eyes we watched you and saw you pass away. And although we love you dearly we could not make you stay.
A Golden heart stopped beating hard, working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us he only takes the best!
By: Linda (last name unknown)





Lisa, I am with you in thought and keep you and your family in my prayers. That poem bring tears. I hope that you can find comfort during this time.
ReplyDelete