2 years ago
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Kylie "Smarts"
Kylie has been hounding me to teach her to read. Well, I know that is a long shot at this age. But I find it totally inspiring that she is constantly wanting me to teach her. What she doesn't realize is that I am an Intermediate teacher and not a primary so teaching a little one to read is not my cup of tea. SOO, to humor her and also get her more familiar with recognizing all her letters and sounds we have been making Letter Posters. She can identify 3/4 of her letters from her alphabet foam letters (and thanks to Grandma Mollie for making her that special alphabet book, she loves that). She also has been running around the house making the letter sounds (she has about 6 letter sounds down so far). So it will be quiet and then all of a sudden you hear "B - (B'uh is how she pronounces it)...spells Ball, B'uh...spells baby,etc" and she will list all the things that she can that start with B. It is too cute. I need to capture it on video..stay tuned! I am just amazed at how much of a sponge she is and how this age group seems to learn so quickly!
Kylie has enjoyed her special time with Daddy this week. They did art work outside (see below) and had a breakfast date at her favorite restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment